Whey Protein: How and When to Take Whey Protein
What is whey protein? It is an animal-based product that can be obtained from the process of milk and cheese. Milk contains two types of protein which are casein and whey. Casein takes about 80% of the total portion of milk and the remaining 20% is whey. Whey originally comes in liquid form. It is a mixture of protein, fat, lactose and carbohydrates. It needs to undergo several processes to become whey protein powder. Whey protein is a dietary supplement for people to get bigger, stronger and healthier. Furthermore, it contains lots of BCAA which is very useful for most people who consume it. Whey protein also acts as a filler to fill one’s nutritional gap.
Is Whey Protein Good for Those Who Are Building Muscles?
For those who are building muscles, whey protein is good and important as it contains complete amino acids required by the body for maximum result. In order to achieve maximum results, about 60g of whey protein per day is needed. This is because a good amount of protein intake can boost muscle build-up and recovery. Moreover, in building muscles, its recovery is very crucial. Whey protein comes with abundant of BCAA which is the most vital element in repairing muscles. Muscular damage caused by the intense work in the gym needs to be overcome to get the best results. In order to have a toned body shape, body fat needs to be as low as possible. High protein meals have proved their ability scientifically to reduce body fat. So, when consuming whey protein, one will not only get just bigger, but healthier, too.
When Is the Best Time to Take Whey Protein?
The best time to take whey protein is obviously after a workout. Having whey protein as a post-workout meal definitely can cut the calories that one could take daily. This is because whey protein can make one fuller. However, if the whey protein is taken 30 minutes after a workout, it is believed to fully initiate the muscle recovery process. The most effective process is needed for maximum results. Nonetheless, whey protein also can be consumed at several other times such as breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Snacking with whey protein is strongly suggested because it is better than having Big Mac for snacks. There are many examples of food that can be mixed with whey protein to make it healthier and even tastier. For example, dessert pancakes and protein shakes.
Why Do People Need to Consume Whey Protein?
People need to consume whey protein as it contains an unbelievable amount of essential amino acids. These amino acids are a fast-absorbing organic compound. It helps in building muscles, repairing torn tissues, and producing enzymes and hormones. Whey protein can help to manage body weight more effectively because it makes people feel full longer. It results in lesser unhealthy snacking. Unhealthy snacking is actually one of the reasons for the increased number of obesity in society. However, in order to get ideal weight, exercising must be a lifestyle. Whey protein can contribute to the reduction of blood pressure and total cholesterol, in the body, too.
Gym goers or even those who are working in the office for 12 hours are encouraged to consume whey protein in their normal meal. It is because whey protein is a premier supplement that can be found easily around the world. On top of that, it is also can be taken very easily as it can be added to shakes and pancakes. Whey protein can be used for meal replacements as it can help one to stay full.